Shipping options and prices are displayed at checkout, including Standard, UPS 2-Day and UPS Next Day delivery. We cannot guarantee Monday delivery, as weather conditions prevent us from shipping over the weekend.
Please note that order processing time may be extended during holiday time periods such as Christmas (Nov-Dec) and Valentine’s (Feb).
2-Day and Next-Day Delivery
- Our daily order cut-off for Next Day and 2-Day shipments is 12 Noon PST. Orders placed after 12 PM, will calculate as if the order were placed the following day. 2-Day and Next Day order and delivery times are calculated as Business Days (Monday-Friday). Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days. Compartés reserves the right to ship orders based on current transit weather conditions to ensure optimal product arrival. For this reason Compartes does not ship out items on Fridays so they do not sit over the weekend.
- In-Store Pickup
- If you would like to pick your order up from our store, please select the pickup option at checkout. Pickup is available at our Los Angeles, CA location. As our chocolates are handmade to order, pickup orders are unable to be canceled. Availability and pickup times may vary.
- Local LA Messenger Delivery
- We work with a local messenger to offer delivery in the Los Angeles area. These services are more costly but they do guarantee arrival dates. Please contact us via phone at 310.826.3380 for an estimate or to place a local courier order.
- Warm Weather Guarantee
- Hot weather? Don't worry, we offer a No Melt Guarantee. Our order system monitors the temperatures where your package is being delivered, and we will pack your order with ice when necessary to ensure your chocolates arrive in perfect condition, no matter the weather. Warm Weather Guarantee only applies to UPS Shipping, UPS 2-Day, UPS Next Day and Free Shipping options.
- Gift Messages
- Please include your gift message in the cart area titled "Is this a gift?" You may need to add items to your cart to see this option.
- General Shipping Information
- Only USPS can deliver to PO Boxes or APO & FPO locations. For orders over $100 shipping to these locations, please contact us. Compartes is not responsible for shipping addresses entered incorrectly. Any additional costs or reshipments due to an incorrect address will be the responsibility of the customer.
- We work hard to ship out all orders as quickly as possible. We process orders in the order they are received. Only Next Day and 2-Day orders are guaranteed to ship out in a specific timeframe, Standard Shipping & Free Shipping orders do not have a guaranteed delivery date. As our chocolates are handmade, large orders may require some additional processing time.
- Due to increased volume during holiday periods such as Christmas and Valentine's, 2-Day shipments may require 1-2 days additional processing time.
- Compartés is not responsible for any delivery delays caused by the carrier, such as weather delays, mechanical delays, etc. Carriers are experiencing longer than usual delivery times. Please plan accordingly.
- For international shipments Compartés is not responsible for any international customs fees, duties, clearance, tariffs, import taxes or any other fees assessed by any local office. Compartés is also not responsible for any delays due to customs.
- *We may need to hold orders and wait to ship if the destination exceeds 85 degrees on 2Day shipping or over 90 degrees on Next Day orders, we apologize but want to ensure chocolate is received in optimal condition.
As our chocolates are handcrafted every day, we make our very best effort to ensure that every order goes out within 24-72 hours upon receipt of the order during business days. Please note that order processing time may be longer during holiday time periods (for example Christmas/Chanukah Season December 1 - December 23 or Valentines Season Feb 4-Feb 14) due to the large amount of orders we receive and the fact that our chocolates are all handmade in our Los Angeles kitchen. We ship all our orders on a first come first served basis and do our very best to get orders out ASAP with most orders shipping the same day they are placed.
UPS SHIPPING - Our recommended method of shipping chocolate
UPS Shipping is Compartes preferred and recommended method of shipping Chocolate worldwide. All shipments come packed with ice and take generally 1-3 days (after processing time) to arrive once shipped in the USA. UPS is a guaranteed delivery service based on the level of service you choose. Please allow an extra 24 hours for processing and making the chocolates + the amount of service time you select. If you need your package on a specific date or in a hurry, email or call us at 310.826.3380 during regular business hours to make sure that we can accommodate the request. Only UPS options will guarantee a delivery date. Compartes does not accept responsibility for any melted items unless UPS Next Day Air is selected as method of choice and the recipient is present to receive the product at the time of the first attempted delivery prior to 10:30AM on the scheduled delivery date.
Priority Mail generally takes an estimated 2-5 days (after processing time) to arrive once shipped in the USA. International orders can take an estimated 5-14 days. It is not a guaranteed delivery service which means you cannot request a specific delivery date using this service. Only UPS options will guarantee a delivery date.
When you place an order on our website, tracking is available for all orders which you will receive automatically once your order has been processed.
Our main shipping days are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We may at our discretion, depending upon the destination and the weather conditions, choose not to ship out orders on any other day. The reason for this is to prevent the chocolates from melting and/or getting held up at a shipping facility that is not temperature controlled. It is in our best interest for you to receive our delicious award-winning chocolates in optimum condition. During holiday periods, we try our best to ship orders every day of the week.
ICE PACKS / WARM WEATHER
During summer months and periods of hot weather, all shipping prices at checkout include ice packs. These are non-toxic reusable gel packs which help to keep your chocolate cool as it makes it's way to your door. If your destination is over 72°F (21°C), your order must be protected from heat. To preserve quality, we will add icepacks to your order which will keep your package cool. During the summer months we typically ship all of our packages in this manner and so do not offer any ground shipping to ensure your items arrive in the best condition possible. In hot weather conditions, we generally cannot offer Monday deliveries and therefore reserve the right to delay your shipment. During the cooler months, you typically do not need to expedite your shipping unless the source (Los Angeles) or destination is over 70°F.
Please call us at +1 (310) 826-3380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
NEXT DAY & SAME DAY DELIVERY
Chocolates are made fresh to order.
We offer same-day delivery in the Los Angeles area. Please contact us to place an order. We also offer curbside pick up in Los Angeles at our La Brea chocolate factory, choose pick up at check out.
Cut-off time for Next-Day shipments is 12:00 PM PST. If your order must arrive by a certain date or time, please contact us to receive confirmation from us directly and make sure we can guarantee the delivery time for you.
We pack ALL orders with FREE ICE PACKS when needed to help them stay cool during transit to a hot destination.
FREE LOS ANGELES PICK UP
We offer a free pick up option. Place your order online, enter a shipping address, proceed to shipping options and select pick up. You will receive an email confirmation when your order is ready to pick up. Please call us at 310.826.3380 if you need your order urgently or if you'd like to confirm it is ready for pick up. Pick up is available at our La Brea location Monday - Thursday at 10am to 6pm. Our pick up option is "car side" pick up at the back of our La Brea location, please stay in your car and call us with your order number once confirmed and we will bring it outside to you.
REGULAR ORDER PROCESSING TIMES
We make our very best effort to ensure that every order goes out within 24-72 hours during business days. Please note additional time is needed during peak holiday rush times due to the increase in demand (Christmas, Black Friday, Valentine's, Easter, Mother's Day, etc)
Please note, Compartés is not responsible or accountable for any international customs fees, duties, clearance, tariffs, import taxes or any other fees assessed by any local office. Compartés is also not responsible for any delays due to customs.
Compartes chocolate bars have a general best buy date of 6 months from receipt.
For Saturday deliveries please contact us via phone at 310.826.3380 or email email@example.com. UPS offers a Saturday delivery option for an additional cost.
Order processing time are extended during holiday periods such Christmas/Chanukah, Valentine’s, and Easter, due to the large amount of orders we receive. We can not guarantee delivery dates unless you choose Next Day Air.
Compartés is not responsible for shipping addresses entered incorrectly. Any additional costs or reshipments incurred due to an incorrect address will be the responsibility of the customer.
Shipping promos/specials are for Continental USA orders only. Free Shipping promotion applies to orders delivering within the USA only after spending the minimum amount shown on website, sending to just one address per minimum spend amount shown on homepage. Must select free shipping at checkout to qualify. * Hot states do not qualify for free shipping, restrictions apply.
Only USPS can deliver to PO Boxes or APO & FPO locations. For orders over $100 shipping to these locations, please contact us.
During holiday periods (including Christmas, Valentine’s, Easter), we try our best to ship orders every day of the week, please note longer lead times during peak holiday periods as our chocolates are handmade.
Our shipping days are only Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We may at our discretion, depending upon the weather conditions, choose not to ship out orders due to weather concerns. This is to prevent the chocolates from melting in transit or a shipping facility that is not temperature controlled. It is in our best interest for you to receive our delicious award-winning chocolates in optimum condition.
As a retailer of handmade perishable food items, we are unable to accept returns. However, if for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help!
*Compartes is not responsible for wrong shipping addresses or invalid addresses. Any returned items due to the wrong address being provided will be charged appropriately. Address changes or corrections will incur a fee.
*Pick up orders are non refundable, if you do not come pick up your order you are not able to cancel it once it has been processed, handmade and you are notified it is ready for pick up.
*Delivery dates are not guaranteed unless local courier services are used.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (310) 826-3380. We are here to assist you with all your questions.